Love Forever To My Daughter Cheanelle

 
 
 
 
Today mark's 13 years that my family and I life was forever changed as we knew it! It's a day that in my mind seems like yesterday. I remember very clearly getting the call from day care saying Cheanelle was running a fever and had little dots all over her body, I rushed to day care to bring Cheanelle to her primary care doctor and them running test to hear those forever changing word's o...f we are referring you over to the oncology department at Albany Medical Center. I remember just looking at them and the word's weren't registering it was like a out of body experience almost. I remember picking my baby up and proceeding to Albany Med but I don't think the reality of what was going on was sinking in. We arrived at Albany Med for further testing and I recall thinking there wrong there's no way this happens to other people on TV ! Well they weren't wrong and it does happen to people everyday and no not just on TV Cheanelle indeed had Leukemia and she had a more aggressive Leukemia and had to be admitted that day and chemo had to start right away. I'll never forget walking onto D7 north and seeing all these other children who had no hair and had tubes and machines it was so heartbreaking! I think I was in a fog. Cheanelle had to under go surgery for her tubes so she could get her chemo and blood drawn. Everything was so promising at first we really never contemplated anything but remission but sadly on 11/29/01 my baby body couldn't fight anymore and she took her last breath surrounded by myself, my mom and my Ashley. It was another day that forever changed us again. As most of my family and friends know that losing Cheanelle is not where the heartache and loss stopped on 5/6/10 Ashley Carroll went Missing and has not been heard or seen from since. There has been a lot of sadness and loss but today I'm going to honor my Daughter and her fight with a Tattoo to memorialize her courageous fight. It has been a hard road but I think 13 years later I'm ready to accept my baby death and honor her fight. We love you Cheanelle I love you too Ash ♡
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts